Saturday, April 14, 2012

RTE The Voice Live Shows: Week 6

The final week of only getting to see two teams has been & gone and what a week it was yet again!

Team Kian & Team Sharon took to the stage to show us what exactly they've been up to this past few weeks. Similar to last week, this weeks show let us get to know Team Kian & Team Sharon a tiny bit better. For Team Sharon it was off to do some salsa- Kevin was certainly stuck for choice when it came to partners! For Team Kian it was off to Sligo for some surfing, followed by 99's.

Yet again, it was nice to get to know more about both teams & see just how much they all get along as a team.


It was Team Kian's turn to wow us with their group performance, and without any let downs they surely showed us how its done- forget Westlife Kian & say hello to your new band! Team Kian tackled 'More Than Words' and strangely seemed like Westlife up there on their stools (Kian's dream finally became a reality with his famous stools!).



Last week's show was a strange one for me. Elliot who finally won me over with his performance & one of my favourite contestants from the moment she was shown on the show, Nollaig were sent home. I wasn't expecting either to be voted out & I thoroughly enjoyed their work on the night. Elliot gave a stunning performance of The Goo Goo Doll's 'Iris'. Can honestly say I couldn't make my mind up on this chap, but he kicked me up the butt with this performance- it was truly beautiful.



Unfortunately one of my favourite contestants from the get-go, Nollaig was next to be let go from the show. I was honestly heartbroken for her. I think shes unbelievably talented & has grown with more & more confidence each week. I do agree with the judges when they mentioned how the second half of Nollaig's performance took away from how talented she really is, but can we please just look at the beginning & forget the rest? It was astonishing! She owned the stage-nailed it, it was so so beautiful! As Bressie also said, she brought 'musicality' to her performance & made it her own, & this is definitely something Nollaig has to be admired for. 





We've reached the Quarter- Finals this week & all members from all four teams will be performing for us on Sunday. The competition is sure to be felt ;) Are ye all as excited as me to see what everyone has to offer? And don't forget the wonderful Coronas will be popping in to give a little performance in the Results Show!

Hope everyone enjoys Sunday nights show & I'm sorry this post is so rushed & short, I'll make up for it next week hopefully! (Final Year Stressssss :/)
Massive appreciation  for reading
Shaunna ...:)



No comments:

Post a Comment